RAM, also known as computer memory, is one of the most important parts of your system. Without this part, your system will not be able to function properly and run the latest games or programs. RAM is one of the parts that users are generally aware of the importance of its presence in the system, but they do not have detailed information about its technical use.
Random access memory (RAM) is used to temporarily store information that the system needs to access very quickly. Storing information in the RAM memory is extremely fast, unlike the internal or external memory of the system, and the system uses it as a temporary storage source.
Storing application data in RAM memory not only improves system performance but also makes it possible to perform several different activities at the same time. In other words, RAM allows your programs and system to run at a much faster rate, while allowing you to run multiple programs at the same time.
Machine performance depends on two general factors: frequency and delay.
RAM frequency (MHz) indicates the amount of data that can be transferred to your RAM at any given moment. DDR4 series RAMs have different frequencies such as 2666, 3200, 3600, 4000 MHz, etc. Latency indicates the response speed of your RAM memory to various requests. Users should look for memory that has high frequency speed and low latency.
Power Supply Unit (PSU)
The power supply is actually the heart of your computer. The power supply is the most important part in any system because it is responsible for providing the electricity required for the operation of all other parts, including the motherboard, graphic card, RAM, processor, internal hard drive, etc. In this way, any problem in the operation of the power supply will affect other parts. The occurrence of such disturbances, especially in low-quality power supplies that do not have appropriate protection approaches, will lead to damage to other parts of your system. But unfortunately, many users ignore this issue.
Instead of getting a suitable power supply based on system needs, users usually go to buy all their other parts and then buy a cheap power supply with their remaining budget. For this purpose, it is better for users to carefully study the requirements of other important parts of their system (including motherboard connection sockets, graphics card power and processor power consumption, among other things) to choose a suitable power supply from Buy a well-known brand such as power supply brands covered by Golden System, which have appropriate protection approaches to prevent any problems and failures.
Monitors are electronic devices that are responsible for displaying images, texts, videos, and graphic information produced by a computer graphics card that is connected to them through one of several available connection methods. Screens have many similarities with televisions, but due to their small size, they achieve higher resolution and image density.
The majority of gaming monitors on the market are in the LED or OLED group. LED flat screens are lit by a panel of LED lights, which leads to increased quality, increased brightness and image resolution, lower costs and lower power consumption than older LCD screens. On the other hand, OLED screens are a newer generation of LED screens that have achieved higher efficiency, brightness and refresh rate than LED screens to provide users with a better gaming experience.
On the other hand, the majority of modern displays on the market use HDMI or DisplayPort connections in order to receive the output of system graphics cards and display them.
The world of laptops is one of the most complex realms among all digital tools. Users are faced with hundreds of options among entering this world that creates some problems in recognizing the most important factors in buying a laptop.
Each user must determine their expectation and usage before buying a laptop. Some users are only after their daily tasks. Others buy laptops to complete their work-related tasks or some only intend to watch movies or shows on their laptop or others are after professional systems for much more intensive tasks. Determining your usage is major step that considerably simplifies your decision-making.
Users must pay attention to four critical components in the laptop after determining their expectations: Processor, RAM, internal memory and battery.
- The processor is the brain of your system, and heavier activities require more powerful processors.
- RAM memory leads to the increase of accessible information at any moment. Therefore, people who are looking to do different activities at the same time should look for systems with higher RAM memory.
- Internal memory leads to the speed of data transfer and at the same time the amount of data that can be stored on your system, and therefore it is a very important part of your laptop.
- The battery capacity of your system is also very critical when there is no power outlet or charger.
Therefore, the majority of laptops in the market are divided into three main categories:
- Ultrabook: This group refers to lightweight laptops that are easy to carry and have a very high battery capacity. Such systems usually use solid state drives (SSD) and low-power yet powerful Intel processors to provide the best possible experience to users.
- Office laptops: This group of laptops are designed for daily use in office environments and usually have a high battery capacity.
- Gaming laptops: this group of laptops are designed to run the latest games in the world and usually have the latest processors and graphics cards. These systems usually have a relatively high weight compared to other laptops, and due to the use of the most used parts in the world, they are not able to operate for a long time without recharging.
Solid State Drives (SSDs)
Storages are generally divided into HDD and SSD devices. These devices look similar, but they use completely different methods to store your data.
HDD storage devices, a.k.a. hard disks, have been around for 50 years with increasing storage sizes. These devices use spinning disks to store your data. They are equipped with an engine to spin the disk and control the arm alongside an I/O to communicate between the hardware and software.
SSD devices use a flash memory to transfer data, which is why they have higher read/write speeds. These devices lack the disks and arms used in HDD drives, which considerably increases their durability. The advancements made in the development of SSD drives has lead to higher and higher read/write speeds over the years while making these devices more affordable.
Power banks are portable batteries that are designed to charge your digital devices. They are a major saving grace for users in situations where there is no access to a wall outlet. Power banks come in all sizes and shapes for charging mobile phones, tablets, cameras, portable speakers, portable gaming consoles, and even laptops.
Power banks are a simple product to define: a rechargeable battery that is used to charge other batteries. However, this simple looking devices also contain complex technologies. Because power banks require extensive security measures to prevent any type of harm to your digital devices.
This is why different companies focus on presenting novel security measures that could maintain safe yet incredibly fast portable charging methods to users. For example, RAVPower was able to implement the MultiProtection technology in its newest products to maintain device security in all conditions. There are other technologies such as iSmart and PowerIQ to determine the proper output based on your device.
Finally, the ever-increasing battery sizes in electrical devices alongside the increasing recharge times has pushed power bank manufacturing companies to produce novel fast charge technologies such as the third generation of power delivery (PD 3.0) to create better user experiences for all.
Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV)
CCTV (Closed-Circuit Television) also known as Surveillance or Security cameras are tools for maintaining security in homes, businesses, or any other location. Such devices are usually connected to other devices to record and store information. This category of digital products contain many variations and groupings. The following list presents some brief descriptions regarding the most popular CCTV types:
– Digital CCTV directly record images and videos as digital signals. Then, these signals are compressed and converted into standard video formats such as MPEG.
– DVR Security System are a type of surveillance system that consist of a series of cameras that are collected to observe over a specific location.
– IP Cameras are cameras capable of sending and receiving data through computer networks. These cameras have become rather popular in recent years.
– Wireless Cameras encode and forward their audio and visual data as wireless signals to the receiver.
After talking about some of the most popular CCTV camera types, we should talk about some of the main features of these cameras:
– Internal Storage: Most CCTV systems are capable of storing data on an external device (such as an external storage or server); however, this greatly reduces the system’s security and increases the possibility of information manipulation. Therefore, the internal storage of your CCTV device will become a safe option for your activities and the size of these storages becomes rather important.
– Data Retention: CCTV systems generate enormous amounts of data. This size depends on the compression ratio and number of stored images per second. Most cameras have limited internal storages. Therefore, they retain the data for a specific and limited time and then remove the previous data to make space for newer captures. This is why the data retention time is crucial based on your usage.
– Image Resolution: This factor could be central based on your field of work. Therefore, you should search for a camera with a higher or lower resolution based on your personal application.
Computer chassis, also known as computer cases, are responsible for protecting your components including the motherboard, GPU, PSU, and others. Furthermore, your case is responsible for protecting the CPU and GPU ports for your monitor, keyboard, mouse, and other components. Computer chassis come in different shapes and sizes that allows you to customize your components however you want.
Computer chassis come in a variety of sizes; however, Tower and Desktop chassis are the most popular. Desktop chassis are usually smaller with a height around 20 centimeters. These products are usually designed in a manner to be placed upon your personal desk.
Desktop chassis usually open from the top and then their side panels slide out. Motherboards are usually placed on the side panel and the components are placed upon the motherboard. These types of chassis usually have USB and audio ports on their header.
However, the Tower chassis are divided into Full Tower and Mid Tower chassis that have a more modern design and occupy larger spaces. These tower chassis have become much more popular in recent years because of their modern designs and support of bleeding-edge components.
Any strong gaming system requires a modern motherboard because motherboards are the central hub for all your main components. Therefore, motherboards are responsible for providing the necessary resources to create a perfect balance and cooperation between every single component. You connect all your components to the motherboard during the assembly process. This is possible due to the myriad of different ports and sockets (e.g. the CPU socket, the RAM sockets, and PCIe ports) on the motherboard.
Motherboards have different sizes as they are designed to fulfil different tasks. These sizes are known as the motherboard Form Factor. Standard-ATX has been introduced to the IT world back in 1995 by Intel and turned into the most possible form factor today. microATX is another smaller but similar form factor that was also introduced by Intel back in 1996. This form factor is compatible with most ATX cases but contains less PCIe expansion slots and it is designed for less powerfull PSUs. Mini-ITX is another common form factor that has been designed by the Taiwanese VIA company for smaller Thin Client devices.
Graphical Processing Units (GPUs)
In the early days of the computer systems that we know today, it was IBM that introduced a system with a modular design and replaceable parts to the market for the first time. Now, using IBM’s original design, third-party companies have produced motherboards with multiple slots for connecting the computer components that a system needs to get started. Among these parts, the graphics card is responsible for displaying images.
A graphics card is a printed electronic circuit that is a smaller example of a motherboard and includes RAM, processor and other components. The main component of a graphics card is the “graphics processing unit” or GPU, which is generally divided into two categories: “integrated graphics processor” and “discrete graphics processor”.
The integrated GPU is placed inside the motherboard and cannot be upgraded or replaced. This type of GPU is commonly used in low-cost laptops and desktop systems. This category of systems is administrative and you can’t expect much from them for design or games.
The discrete graphics processor is a part on the graphics card that is installed through a separate slot on the motherboard. This category of graphics processors is replaceable and you will be able to update your system by replacing them.
Today’s modern graphics cards are advanced enough to function like a standalone computer system. They have the ability to perform several processes at the same time and now they have become the most complex hardware part of computers, especially graphics cards that are designed for games and advanced image processing.